Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is it possible to join the marines, or any other branch, under my circumstances? (double felony)?

Weeks after my 18th birthday i was charged with i believe 2 c class felonies (burglary and larceny) and one misdemeanor (conspiracy). I plead to the reduced charges of 2 E class felonies (larceny and burglary). i was sentenced to 5 years probation and 40 days of community service and received juvenile offender status, sealing my records. I was released early from probation after 2.5 years for good behavior. I know that the military still has access to JO charges, and that two felonies automatically precludes enlistment. Can i make a case that it was only one incident (a double felony as opposed to two felonies)? I have gone to college and done nothing at all wrong sicne my convictions. Is there any possible way to join any of the branches with a moral waiver?

No comments:

Post a Comment