Sunday, July 17, 2011

Multiple parole violations in another state?

Hello! I have a question about my son-in law and maybe someone can give me a little info about the whole parole thing. Ok back in 2008 he committed grand larceny, got 5 yr sentence and only served 2yrs in the Tennessee penitentiary. He was put on parole and released to Alabama to live with his wife(my daughter). Was doing really well until he got into drugs and foolishly got 4 felony drug charges almost 6 months ago, the charges are- possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of a forged instrument, attempt to commit a controlled substance crime and conspiracy to possess a controlled substance (jury indictment). He was arrested here in alabama and has been in county jail for about 6 months. My question is, Why haven't they transferred him to his parole state(tennessee)? and also my daughter has retained a lawyer on his behalf for the sum of 20,000$!!!! I think it's very stupid of her to believe he is going to get out of this with no prison time but she is convinced the lawyer will get him out of it. I don't know much about parole and lawyers but in my opinion i think she just threw away 20 thousand dollars. Any insight? Thank you and God bless..

No comments:

Post a Comment