Sunday, July 17, 2011

What direction should I choose? Police? Security guard? Other?

First off I'm 19 years old and a sophomore in community college. I make pretty good grades but at times it feels like I'm just wasting my time. When I was 17 years old I was charged with a bogus sexual misconduct offense (kind of like statutory rape but my lawyer and arresting officer said that it was just sexual misconduct and not "rape" and was a misdemeanor). The charges was dismissed and they were bogus in the first place because it was not me that did anything. It was actually a friend of mine who was 16 involving a 12 year old. This was not your regular 12 year old, she looked about 16 and was already sexually active, you would not believe it if you seen her. My problem is that I was that arrest on my record and I also have a petty larceny arrest on my record that was too dismissed. This involved taking a mp3 player with a friend. I want to become a police officer but I think that this record might be a major obstacle for me. I was told that it would not be a public record ( sealed expunged etc.) but the police will still know about it. What do you think I could do with my self? Just stay in school and maybe I will be accepted with a higher degree? Just try to be another form of law enforcement? Maybe a security guard? Can I still get a concealed carry permit(Rochester, NY)? Should I just change my mayor after I graduate in my current field(AAS Criminal Justice Police Science)? I'm just curious about what you think and maybe you would have some advice? answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment