Thursday, July 14, 2011

What is the maximum sentence for embezzlement (if that's what it's called)?

One of my friends was arrested for embezzling money from a bank he worked at but I'm not sure if that is what it would be called. What happened is he had a fake account opened up under a false name and he would transfer funds from different customers accounts into this account, it would be little amounts once a month like between one and five dollars but with the number of customers the bank had it really added up. He closed the account and withdrew the funds which at the time added up to be about $4000 but before he did that he had also a written check to himself on that account and cashed them. Is that considered embezzlement or just larceny? I know he's accused of forgery in the first degree but I'm not sure what else, I'm sure one is either larceny or embezzlement not sure what the other one is. But what is the maximum sentence in the state of Florida for those charges? It's also his first offense. I'm hoping he doesn't have to go to jail cause he has a wife and two little girls to support.

No comments:

Post a Comment